THEN WE WALKED
exploring the world. one step at a time.
Spain, the Camino and Walking
I fell in love with Spain in the 1980s and I kept going back over and over, every time discovering something new. We honeymooned in Spain and had family holidays in Spain and now we spend our winters in Spain.
In 2013 I discover the Camino de Santiago and decided to walk 800 kilometres solo across Spain . It changed my life.
We’re now on a mission to walk across Spain and beyond along famous (and not so famous) hikes and trails around the world.
Then We Walked Events in 2023
Walk with me on a small group escorted walk along the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 or join the walking group for a few days along the Camino Frances! Either way the walk will change your life!
I fell in love with Spain in 1985. It felt like coming home. Discover the villages, the food, the wine, the history, the beaches, and the mountains. Spain offers something for everyone!
Walk the Camino
I’ve walked thousands of Camino kilometres. I’ll share my stories, my stages and favourite accommodation and tips that will help you walk this glorious trail
- What is the Camino de Santiago?
- What’s it Like to Walk the Camino de Santiago?
- The History of the Camino de Santiago
- Planning to Walk the Camino de Santiago Workshop
- Then We Walking Club | Escorted Camino Frances 2023
- Then We Walking Club | Escorted Camino Portuguese 2023
- Then We Walked | Camino Reviews
Walk the World
Your 50s are the new 30s and the 60s are only middle age! Join us and learn how we travel independently, walking the world in retirement
- Mondulkiri Should be on your Cambodia Itinerary
- A Fabulously Full Day and Night in Singapore
- How Many Days Do you Need in Phnom Penh?
- The Secret Garden and One Last Day in the Souk
- Watching History and Making History in Marrakech
- When in Morocco… Visit a Hammam
- Amman | The Capital of Jordan and Fabulous!
I Walked The Camino. We Retired. Now We’re Travelling and Walking the World.
I guess we’re passionate about a lot of things but Spain, the Camino, walking and travel are right up there, and we’ve waited half a lifetime to get started.
Welcome to Then We Walked! It’s true that walking the Camino de Santiago changed my life but I’d loved Spain for decades. Now we’re retired we’re on a mission to explore other Camino routes less travelled and explore the world too… one step at a time.
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you want to go, we hope to inspire you to discover Spain beyond her glorious beaches, to walk her life changing Camino trails and maybe take your first steps on your bucket-list trails and make your own travel dreams come true.
Subscribe & Never Miss a Trip
rest assured that I’m the only one who’ll ever contact you!
Ready to Take on the World. One Step at a Time.
We love our life in France but we also have a burning desire to keep walking, and maybe afford a little second home in my favourite corner of Spain. Growing old is a gift and as a wise young Bedouin told me in Dana in Jordan, every sunrise is a new opportunity; here’s our latest news.