Are you curious about the Camino de Santiago?
Created by Colleen Sims * 20 January 2023 * Updated 15 August 2023
Tuesday 11 April 2023 | 10:00 to 17:00 | 55€
Are you one of the many people who watched the TV series Pilgrimage and thought “mmm…I’d like to do that.” Perhaps you have a friend (like me) who will wax lyrical about their amazing experience? Regardless of your reasons, you are here reading this information and if nothing else, you’re curious.
Come along to my workshop and I’ll provide you with all the tools that you need to start planning your own Camino!
I’m a self-confessed Camino addict. I discovered the Camino Frances in 2013 and I’ve walked at least one route each year since that first walk; my longest so far was 1007km from Seville on the Via de la Plata. In 2018 I planned a 6-Day Camino Taster for 7 wonderful pilgrims who wanted to discover this ancient trail. I was overwhelmed by the response and it encouraged me to plan more and to also develop my Camino workshop. Then We Walked was born and the rest is history!
Is this you? Then Come to my Workshop!
- You do not have the time, the knowledge or resources to spend hours researching over the internet?
- You want to walk the Camino but you need more information before making a decision?
- You want to walk but you’re a little nervous about all of the preparation?
- You have made a commitment to walk but would like to ensure that you are fully prepared; so you can relax and just enjoy your Camino?
I’ll Provide the Tools You Need to Plan
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with the enormous task of planning and preparing for long-distance walking and sometimes you need more answers than a guidebook can provide. I have planned a full, fun and practical day that will provide you with the tools you need to ensure you make the most of your Camino. My workshop will save you time and money and help you to avoid unnecessary and sometimes costly mistakes. We’ll cover :
- The history of the Camino, St James, the shell and the different ways to Santiago
- The Camino Frances; facts about the most popular route including altitude, terrain, stages and services
- Camino credentials (your pilgrim passport) and the Compostela
- Navigation and waymarking
- Albergue accommodation and pilgrim etiquette
- A typical day on the Camino (food, beds, distance, wifi, phones coverage and laundry)
- What does your Camino look like? Assumptions and expectations and how realistic are they?
- When to go, what kind of weather to expect and how busy will the route be?
- Transport; getting there and other transport options
- Luggage transfer
- Daily costs and pre-trip expenses
- Packing list ideas; what to bring and what to leave behind
- Gear; shoes, socks, clothes, poles, rucksacks and where to find sale items to save money
- Helpful websites, guidebooks and apps
- Health insurance and travel insurance
- Health and fitness; how to prepare physically and the level of training necessary
- Blisters; prevention and treatment and general first aid
- Self-Care; safety, security, hydration, energy, footcare, diet
- Motivation and your ‘call’ to walk the Camino; Religious, spiritual, historical or adventure
Get in Touch to Reserve Your Place
I can only accommodate 8 people on this event. This is a comprehensive and busy workshop, and includes a copy of my planning e-book which you can use as an aide-memoire after we finish.
Join my Planning Workshop | It will Save you Time and Money!
When I first walked the Camino I bought lots of expensive gear that proved unnecessary and as time has moved on I’ve learned where to make savings and where to make investments. I’ll share all of my mistakes and tips during our day.